Getting started with functional reactive programming (FRP) can scare away developers. Streams can be scary at a first sight, functional programming concepts might sound new, and the reactive paradigm forces us to reason in a new way.
Furthermore, picturing how to put all this together in order to write better apps can be a non-trivial task adding up developer’s fatigue.
This talk will take you through a journey aimed to prove those common misconceptions to be wrong, by introducing you to cycle.js a functional and reactive framework which captures the essence of UIs and any other form of interaction.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Redux-cycles: compose async actions in Redux using F&RP (SkillsCast recorded in February 2017)
- Lightbend Akka for Scala - Professional (in London on 11th - 12th November 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- The Sonic Contender (in London on 28th October 2019)
- Solandra Hands-On Tutorial & Emergent Behaviour In Insects (in London on 28th October 2019)
- RS232 Board for the Pi (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)