Join Alex and Nigel to discover how using Shapeless can solve the problem of performing generic statically typed computations on coordinate spaces with possibly different types for each dimension!
In particular, we offer flexible queries based on predicates and visitors to compute hierarchical coverage and aggregation reports, and also build a notification mechanism using swave.io.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Experience building a Historical Data Service at TXODDS (SkillsCast recorded in December 2016)
- Lightbend Scala Language - Professional (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- Lightbend Scala Language - Expert (in London on 11th - 13th September 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- F# eXchange 2020 (in London on 2nd - 3rd April 2020)
- Hands-on: Fractal art with Fable and WebGL (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Keynote by Dick Wall on Why API Design Matters, and Why Yours Sucks! (and mine sucks too!) (in London on 24th June 2019)
- The Elements of Tagless Final Style (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Scala 2.13 and Beyond! (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
Statically typed nested maps using Shapeless for computations and notifications on coordinate spaces with Alex Kozlenkov and Nigel Warren!
Nigel is the Architect and project lead on Fly Object Space. He is a Visiting Research Fellow at Brunel University where his main research interests are long running distributed system and inter component lifetimes and dependencies.
Alex is theoretical physicist by education and worked in research and industry, including Space Research Institute, City University and Betfair. He is currently a Director and Chief Architect at TXODDS UK.