Apache Ignite is a high-performance, integrated and distributed in-memory platform for computing and transacting on large-scale data sets in real-time, orders of magnitude faster than possible with traditional disk-based or flash technologies. Ignite as a collection of independent, well-integrated, in-memory components geared to improve performance and scalability of your application. Some of these components include: Advanced Clustering, Data Grid, SQL Grid, Streaming & CEP, Compute Grid, Service Grid, Ignite File System. Ignite also has integrations for accelerating data processing frameworks such as Hadoop and Spark. In addition to its own its own stream processing capability, integrations also exist for JMS, MQTT, Apache Flume, Apache Storm, Apache Kafka, Apache Camel, and Apache Flink, which will be covered in the session.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Brian Sletten's Data Science with Python Workshop (in London on 18th - 20th November 2019)
- Fast Track to Machine Learning with Louis Dorard (in London on 2nd - 4th December 2019)
- Practical ML 2020 (in London on 2nd - 3rd July 2020)
- A Guide to the Market Promise of Automagic AI-Enabled Detection and Response (in London on 29th October 2019)
- Trusting Machines with Robust, Unbiased and Reproducible AI (in London on 26th November 2019)
- How AI can be used to enable assisted living for the ageing population (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- The importance of DataOps (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Apache Flink May Meetup
Akmal B. Chaudhri is a Technical Evangelist for GridGain, specializing in Big Data, NoSQL and NewSQL database technologies. His current interests also include Apache Spark, Machine Learning, Data Science and how to become a Data Scientist. He has over 25 years experience in IT and has previously held roles as a developer, consultant, product strategist and technical trainer. He has worked for several blue-chip companies, such as Reuters and IBM and also the Big Data startups Hortonworks (Hadoop) and DataStax (Cassandra NoSQL Database). He has regularly presented at many international conferences and served on the program committees for a number of major conferences and workshops. He has published and presented widely and edited or co-edited 10 books. He holds a BSc (1st Class Hons.) in Computing and Information Systems, MSc in Business Systems Analysis and Design and a PhD in Computer Science. He is a Member of the British Computer Society (MBCS) and a Chartered IT Professional (CITP).