Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
What if Don told you that when Mozart composed his first violin concerto and when Joe Developer builds a CRUD app in Rails, they have to think about their craft in the same way? You would probably call him crazy, but rest assured it’s true. Musicians and developers do think alike. There are both horizontal and vertical axes to the thought process that goes into the architecture of a piece of music and a piece of software.
As someone with both 18 years as a web professional and a degree in music performance, Don Burks brings a lifetime of experience and a passion for understanding why we do things the way we do to this talk. After observing the significant fraction of developers he has met having musical backgrounds, some investigation was needed. The results of that investigation have informed this talk.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- How Getting Hit In The Head Made Me A Better Developer (SkillsCast recorded in July 2018)
- Damjan Vujnovic's Angular Workshop (in London on 3rd - 5th July 2019)
- London TensorFlow.js (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Keynote by Bruce Lawson on How To Make Loveliness: an HTML Treasure Hunt (in London on 24th June 2019)
- Frontend Series (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Keynote: Tales of the Obsession of Unfinished Projects (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)