Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
The concepts and methods of mathematical programming underlie many machine learning algorithms, and yet remain relatively unknown outside the operational research community. In this talk you will explore the standard-form linear and quadratic programmes, after a brief overview of optimisation theory. You will then learn how to formulate the well-known linear regression problem (and the lesser-known robust regression problem) as mathematical programmes, and be presented algorithms to solve them.
Whilst the techniques covered are completely general, the talk concludes with some applications from financial planning and portfolio management. No previous knowledge of mathematical programming is required, but please note that this talk contains formulae (and Python code).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Python for Programmers (in London on 11th - 13th November 2019)
- Advanced Python (in London on 14th - 15th November 2019)
- Practical ML 2020 (in London on 2nd - 3rd July 2020)
- A Guide to the Market Promise of Automagic AI-Enabled Detection and Response (in London on 29th October 2019)
- October Raspberry Pint: Raspberry Pis and other Digital Making Fun (in London on 29th October 2019)
- Transforming Legal Recruitment with a Market Knowledge Graph (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Hiring a Personal Investigator for Your App (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
From PhD to life: using science to get a job in data
Gianluca is Senior Machine Learning Researcher at Longshot Systems, where he develops novel analytical methods for the sports betting industry. He was previously based at Imperial College London, where he currently holds an honorary Research Assistant position.