Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
The concepts and methods of mathematical programming underlie many machine learning algorithms, and yet remain relatively unknown outside the operational research community. In this talk you will explore the standard-form linear and quadratic programmes, after a brief overview of optimisation theory. You will then learn how to formulate the well-known linear regression problem (and the lesser-known robust regression problem) as mathematical programmes, and be presented algorithms to solve them.
Whilst the techniques covered are completely general, the talk concludes with some applications from financial planning and portfolio management. No previous knowledge of mathematical programming is required, but please note that this talk contains formulae (and Python code).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Python for Programmers (in London on 24th - 26th June 2019)
- Fast Track to Machine Learning with Louis Dorard (in London on 15th - 17th July 2019)
- Infiniteconf 2019 - A one-day community celebration of Big Data, Machine Learning and AI (in London on 4th July 2019)
- Keynote by Dick Wall on Why API Design Matters, and Why Yours Sucks! (and mine sucks too!) (in London on 24th June 2019)
- IWDS 23: Intro to Natural Language Processing (NLP) - 1/2 (in London on 24th June 2019)
- Upgrading to Django 2.2 (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Accessing Snap ML (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
From PhD to life: using science to get a job in data
Gianluca is Senior Machine Learning Researcher at Longshot Systems, where he develops novel analytical methods for the sports betting industry. He was previously based at Imperial College London, where he currently holds an honorary Research Assistant position.