SkillsCast coming soon.
You don’t need an expensive gaming rig make a game. In fact, all you need is a browser. In this workshop I will present Lance.gg, my battle tested Node/JS open-source platform for multiplayer game development.
During the workshop you’ll learn how to implement a fully functional multiplayer space shooter using Lance. We’ll discuss what is a multiplayer game and how is it different from a single player game. We’ll talk about the challenges of low-latency games on the web, netcode and optimization. We’ll also demystify scary terms like “client side prediction” and “entity interpolation/extrapolation”. Who knows - maybe you will be the brainchild behind the next e-Sports sensation?
Bring a laptop with git, a favorite text editor/IDE pre-installed and some competitive spirit At the end of the workshop we’ll have a workshop-wide tournament! May the odds be ever in your favor.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Web Animations & State: The Secrets For A Successful Relationship (SkillsCast recorded in July 2018)
- Keynote by Ruben Bridgewater on Performance Optimisations and the Possible Savings Doing So (in London on 30th October 2019)
- Keynote Evening with Tejas Kumar! (in London on 27th November 2019)
- Productivity with Micro Frontends and Cloud-native Backends (SkillsCast recorded in August 2019)
- Keynote: Better Together: Building Social Experiences for Immersive Technologies (SkillsCast recorded in July 2019)
Workshop: The Multiplayer Game Jam
Opher is a multidisciplinary creator, invested in many different and often unrelated fields at the same time: computer science, art, music, design, math, game development and more.