Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
GraphQL offers a fundamental a shift in how you can query, mutate, and even think about structuring backend data. The standardization of scalars, types, interfaces, and mutations leads to powerful ways of interacting with your data on both the client and the server. In addition, the robust client side tooling makes developing data rich applications a breeze!
Join Tim for this talk as he shares the fundamentals and benefits of GraphQL, discussing where it shines and where there's still a bit yet to refine. You'll then see a real world application demonstration with Node.js and Tim will show how it interacts with the client via Apollo. Learn how DataLoader, Facebook's data fetching library, can be used to drastically reduce queries and make your GraphQL experience super performant out of the box.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Damjan Vujnovic's Angular Workshop (in London on 3rd - 5th July 2019)
- London TensorFlow.js (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Keynote by Bruce Lawson on How To Make Loveliness: an HTML Treasure Hunt (in London on 24th June 2019)
- Frontend Series (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Keynote: Tales of the Obsession of Unfinished Projects (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Embracing the Power of GraphQL - Intermediate