Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Accessibility often isn’t a priority for companies as they grow, but if you don’t invest in it early it can become a knotty problem. In this talk Mallika will share how to break down a complex Android application to find low-hanging fixes as well as prioritizing larger improvements and investing in accessibility in the future. She will explore her experience growing grassroots support for accessibility improvements at Pinterest and both the moral and business value of improving it.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Flutter London June Meetup (in London on 17th June 2019)
- Keynote by Rebecca Franks on Tips for Building Custom Views on Android with Canvas APIs📏🎨 (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Just Add Diversity - Why a Diverse Tech Industry Isn't Enough (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Designing a Feminist Alexa: An Experiment in Feminist Conversation Design (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Accessibility @ Scale
Mallika is an Android developer at Pinterest. Her main areas of focus are performance and accessibility. She leads the Android Accessibility initiative at Pinterest.