In this talk Steve will take you on a tour of Docker, a modern application packaging and containerisation technology that .NET developers can now leverage.
Steve will share with you the Docker journey that his team are on, exploring their motivations for using Docker. You will learn the core terminology .NET developers need to know to begin working with Docker and explore demos that show how you can start using Docker with your own ASP.NET Core projects. Finally, Steve will demonstrate how he and his team have built a deployment pipeline using Jenkins and explore the AWS EC2 Container Services (ECS) configuration they have created to enable rapid, continuous delivery of their microservices.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Beyond HTTP in ASP.NET Core 3.0 with gRPC (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Janet Gregory's Agile Testing for the Whole Team (in London on 28th - 30th October 2019)
- Fast Track to RESTful Microservices (in London on 11th - 13th November 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- F# eXchange 2020 (in London on 2nd - 3rd April 2020)
- Keynote by Konrad Kokosa: What’s New in .NET Core 3.0 and .NET 5.0 for Performance and Memory-Aware Folks? (in London on 29th October 2019)
- London Unreal Engine Meetup #33 (in London on 21st November 2019)
- DevOps and Microservices Better Together (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Contain Your Excitement: The Kubernetes Ingress Controller (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Docker for .NET Developers
Steve Gordon is a Microsoft MVP, Pluralsight author, senior developer and community lead based in Brighton. He works for Madgex developing and supporting their data products built using .NET Core technologies. Steve is passionate about community and all things .NET related, having worked with ASP.NET for over 15 years.