Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
According to the CNCF Cloud Native is about “distributed systems capable of scaling to tens of thousands of self healing multi-tenant nodes”. So it's about scale? But is that the real motivation behind companies going Cloud Native? Anne has been interviewing Cloud Native practitioners and found quite a different reason behind adopting the technology. In this talk you will learn how businesses are using Cloud Native tools to gain an uncanny advantage over their competitors.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Technology and Processes to reduce the impact of Fake News Panel Discussions (SkillsCast recorded in January 2018)
- Introduction to Docker Fundamentals (in London on 26th - 27th November 2019)
- Observability: Fundamentals and Practice with Liz Fong-Jones (in London on 9th - 10th March 2020)
- CloudNative London 2020 (in London on 23rd - 25th September 2020)
- Keynote by Burr Sutter on Kubernetes Native Java with Quarkus (in London on 16th January 2020)
- Going Multicloud with Serverless (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Build run and manage composite apps on Kubernetes with Cellery (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Cloud Native vs the Supernatural
Anne Currie, currently chief strategist at Container Solutions, has been in the tech industry for nearly 25 years, working on C BackOffice servers and DistSys in the 90's, eCommerce platforms in the 00's and devops in the 10's. She is a frequent keynote speaker on the ethics and engineering of the cloud, the author of "The Cloud Native Attitude" and the organiser of London's Coed:Ethics 2018, the first conference devoted to ethics for developers.