Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
We write code, we run it on the device, we can see it and touch it and play around with it.. But how do those line of code actually become something we can see? Isn’t it magic? - not really :)
This talk will take a peek under the hood and explain how does the system work, how does it draw the views on screen? Ever asked yourselves why is the view class you wrote not showing on the screen? Or why does it take so long until the layout is drawn? Why isn’t your popup displaying at the correct position? Why is your animation junky?
Britt will answer these questions and understand how to profile and improve your app’s drawing performance- for the smoothest user experience possible.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Applications Should Be For Everyone. It's In Your Hands (SkillsCast recorded in October 2018)
- Brian Egan's Flutter and Dart Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- Masterclass: Reducing Technical Debt with Michael C. Feathers (in London on 28th - 29th October 2019)
- Clean Architecture using BLoC & Voyager: DI & the Widget Router (in London on 21st October 2019)
- Keynote by Konrad Kokosa: What’s New in .NET Core 3.0 and .NET 5.0 for Performance and Memory-Aware Folks? (in London on 29th October 2019)
- Cleaning the Big Picture: Creating Maintainable Mobile Games in Haskell (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Parsley: A Staged Selective Parser Combinator Library (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
From View to Pixel
Britt Barak is a part of the developer relations team at Nexmo, where she leads the developer experience of Nexmo's programmable conversation SDKs. In the past, she led the mobile engineering teams of various startup companies in Israel, the “Startup Nation”. Britt is a Google Developer Expert, a worldwide public speaker, who is passionate about developers and startup communities, and promotes diversity in tech.