Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
A lot of developers will agree to the claim that they turned their hobby into their profession. However, when looking at the daily business they often face a world different from what they expect. A variety of reasons lead to a developer becoming frustrated thinking "What the hell am I doing here?". Sometimes it's because of expectations that simply cannot be met in reality but there are also external factors that contribute to the "developer unhappiness".
So, what can be done to improve the current situation? How can you make ourselves feel better? Based upon a lot of discussions, observations and real life experiences the presentation will show a number of "real life patterns" that can be applied immediately to manage the everyday stress and hurdles to make ourselves feel more relaxed and happier in our job.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Flutter London June Meetup (in London on 17th June 2019)
- Keynote by Rebecca Franks on Tips for Building Custom Views on Android with Canvas APIs📏🎨 (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Android Home-screen Widgets with Flutter (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
- Full Stack Testing of Flutter Apps (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
How to be a happy developer. Now!
Christian Robert is manager technology and mobile architect with SapientRazorfish in Cologne, Germany. For more than 15 years he's been designing and implementing customized software. He currently focusses on developing efficient solutions in the mobile world. As he not only likes to work with machines but also enjoys interacting with people he's constantly trying to push software craftsmanship ideas and help other developers to realize their full potential.