Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Has R.java ever made you wonder what exactly those strange number IDs mean? Do you want to know what powers the theming engines on your favorite devices and mods? In this talk you will learn from the creators of Runtime resource overlays exactly how resources are implemented in Android, how to use them most efficiently and further more how to replace them, split them and do just about anything with them using tools of OEMs and modders.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Software Architecture for Developers Workshop with Robert Smallshire (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- Infiniteconf 2019 - The conference on Big Data and AI (in London on 4th - 5th July 2019)
- Flutter London June Meetup (in London on 17th June 2019)
- Keynote by Rebecca Franks on Tips for Building Custom Views on Android with Canvas APIs📏🎨 (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Securing microservices in a serverless world (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Solving 5 typical Issues in API development with Domain Driven Design (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Mårten is the author of Runtime Resource Overlay (RRO), a feature in the Android framework which allows the injection of additional resources in running applications. This can be used as the basis of higher level features such as Android themes or device customization. Mårten has been involved in Android since it was first made available outside Google. Over the years, the main focus has been on the Android framework. Today, Mårten is involved in the advancement of RRO and the Android Open Source Project.
With background in Math and CompSci came to Sony Ericsson in 2008 to work on Security and moved on to position in Architecture team. As Master Architect involved in most phone projects over the years, in some as lead engineer. I spend most time working in open source and more specifically Android Open Source Project.