Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Developers and designers want the same thing: the best possible product out there. However, cooperation between the two vastly different disciplines is rarely seamless. What can be done to make the dev-design interaction work better? How can we improve the communication and cooperation?
In this joint talk, with a developer and a designer, Juhani and Pierluigi will share with you usual pain points from both points of view and explain how to best avoid them.
You will also learn how a seamless cooperation can lead into a new wave of very rapid prototyping using Android as the platform. The tools and libraries available for Android designers and developers now allow small teams of two to build complete functional prototypes in just two days.
Juhani and Pierluigi will also explore how to best get detailed designs communicated in a form that developers will understand them and how they best get feedback from designers for adding that extra polish to projects and prototypes.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Working Together: Avoiding house divided with developers and designers (SkillsCast recorded in October 2015)
- Brian Egan's Flutter and Dart Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Clean Architecture using BLoC & Voyager: DI & the Widget Router (in London on 21st October 2019)
- Solandra Hands-On Tutorial & Emergent Behaviour In Insects (in London on 28th October 2019)
- Cleaning the Big Picture: Creating Maintainable Mobile Games in Haskell (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Peter Aegix (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
How To Bring A Product To Reality In A Few Days: Design-Dev Cooperation And Fast Android Prototyping
I'm a Product Designer based in Berlin. I like to bring new products to life through a user-centered approach and a problem-solving mindset. I've been working for different product companies like Kuponjo and Onefootball. I'm currently tackling new challenges @ SnappMobile Germany.