OpenFaaS or Functions as a Service is a Cloud Native framework for building serverless functions (as popularised by AWS Lambda) with containers. Check out this talk by Alex Ellis to learn more!
The OpenFaaS framework lets you package any process as a serverless function for either Linux or Windows - just bring your own Kubernetes or Docker cluster. Avoid vendor lock-in by running it in your own datacenter or the cloud with your existing certified clusters and ecosystem. The project focuses on ease of use through its UI which can be used to test and monitor functions in tandem with tight Prometheus integration that allows the cluster to auto-scale for demand.
You can deploy OpenFaaS in 60 seconds on Kubernetes or Swarm and thanks to concise code templates all you need to write is a handler in your favourite programming language - let your cluster do the heavy lifting. OpenFaaS was recently trending as the top Golang project on GitHub and has over 4k stars. Come and find out how and why people are leveraging an event-driven architecture along with some cool interactive demos.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Serverless 2.0: Get Started With The PLONK Stack (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Introduction to Docker Fundamentals (in London on 26th - 27th November 2019)
- Advanced Docker for Enterprise Operations (in London on 28th - 29th November 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- µCon London 2020 - The Conference on Microservices, DDD & Software Architecture (in London on 27th - 29th May 2020)
- Keynote by Konrad Kokosa: What’s New in .NET Core 3.0 and .NET 5.0 for Performance and Memory-Aware Folks? (in London on 29th October 2019)
- NewDay Career Hub Drop-in (in London on 21st November 2019)
- DevOps and Microservices Better Together (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Contain Your Excitement: The Kubernetes Ingress Controller (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
FaaS and Furious - 0 to Serverless in 60 seconds, anywhere
Alex is a respected expert on serverless and cloud native computing. He founded OpenFaaS, one of the most popular open-source serverless projects, where he has built the community via writing, speaking, and extensive personal engagement. As a consultant and CNCF Ambassador, he helps companies around the world build great developer experiences and navigate the cloud native landscape.