Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Developing a high quality application for TV is not an easy task: developers need to design a compelling, easy to use User Interface, make it navigable via remote controller, connect it to a streaming service and manage all the plumbing, from populating the interface to buffering and showing the content on screen.
What if you could build this type of apps not in months, weeks or days but in just A FEW MINUTES? Join Amazon Technology Evangelist Mario Viviani to discover how you can leverage the Android tools and templates provided by the Amazon Fire TV Developer Frameworks to design and develop high quality Android apps for TV that run cross-platform.
In this talk you will learn:
How to build a full-fledged, cross-platform Android app for TV in a few minutes using Amazon Fire TV Developer Frameworks
How to customize the template
Add modules for In-App Purchase, Subscriptions, Live Streaming, Ads and much more!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Developing Android Media Streaming Apps for TV in Minutes with Amazon Fire App Builder (SkillsCast recorded in March 2017)
- Brian Egan's Flutter and Dart Workshop (in London on 17th - 18th March 2020)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Keynote by Heather VanCura on The Future of Java and You (in London on 7th November 2019)
- NewDay Career Hub Drop-in (in London on 21st November 2019)
- Cleaning the Big Picture: Creating Maintainable Mobile Games in Haskell (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Why I'm Building My Next App in Flutter (SkillsCast recorded in July 2019)
Developing High Quality Android Apps for TV in Minutes with Amazon Fire TV Developer Frameworks
Mario Viviani is Technology Evangelist at Amazon Appstore UK. From Milan, Italy, he started mobile development in 2010, focusing on the Android platform. In 2011 he founded the mobile-focused startup Mariux Apps, developing both consumer-oriented and third-party apps, where he published more than 90 apps and reached more than 12 million total downloads. In 2013 he was awarded by Google of the Google Developer Expert title for Android, and has spoken at worldwide events including Droidcon, Android Developer Days, TEDx and Google I/O.