Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
The ConstraintLayout launched at Google I/O in 2016 introduced a number of new layout concepts including a flat view hierarchy, which have shown some key benefits such as ease of use, flexibility and improved performance on layout files. Despite this, many applications have not yet migrated from legacy layouts to ConstraintLayout. In this talk, Connie will share with you why you should make this a priority, the step-by-step process in doing so and three key lessons to takeaway.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Brian Egan's Flutter and Dart Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- Masterclass: Reducing Technical Debt with Michael C. Feathers (in London on 28th - 29th October 2019)
- Clean Architecture using BLoC & Voyager: DI & the Widget Router (in London on 21st October 2019)
- Keynote by Konrad Kokosa: What’s New in .NET Core 3.0 and .NET 5.0 for Performance and Memory-Aware Folks? (in London on 29th October 2019)
- Cleaning the Big Picture: Creating Maintainable Mobile Games in Haskell (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Parsley: A Staged Selective Parser Combinator Library (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Lightning Talk: Three key lessons when migrating to ConstraintLayout
Connie is an Android Engineer at comparethemarket.com. She is passionate about UI and curious about new tools and technologies to create a seamless user experience. She loves teaching programming and has given a number of android talks and volunteers as a coach for Code First: Girls to help minorities get into the tech industry.