This session was not filmed.
Would you like to learn shader basics in WebGL? Don't miss this month's workshops to find out more!
Take a look at WebGL Academy beforehand (not obligatory but jolly helpful) and don't forget to bring a laptop if you want to code along.
Pixel Spirit is Tarot-style deck of cards intended as a picturesque introduction to shaders. Each card has a picture for the "player" to contemplate before attempting to write a shader to recreate the image. The other side of the card lists the code to do just that.
Pixel Spirit is a project from Patricio Gonzalez Vivo the author to the Book of Shaders web-site.
Remember your laptop so you can code along!
The last couple of these have been very good fun and interesting. Don't worry if you didn't attend them, it's easy to catch up if you need to :)
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- A Gentler Introduction to Vertex Shaders (in London on 30th July 2019)
- An Introduction to WebGL (SkillsCast recorded in October 2017)
- Damjan Vujnovic's Angular Workshop (in London on 3rd - 5th July 2019)
- London TensorFlow.js (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Hands-on: Fractal art with Fable and WebGL (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Frontend Series (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Keynote: Tales of the Obsession of Unfinished Projects (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
WebGL and GLSL Intro (Academy and Pixel Spirit)
Founder of WebGL Workshop, coordinator of the Khronos London Chapter and a self-appointed WebGL evangelist, Carl has over 15 years’ experience as a software engineer and dislikes talking in the third person.