Robert Hardy will give a live coding walkthrough on how to set up and use a Spark cluster on AWS. Don't miss it!
We will go through all the install and setup steps and then will use the Python interface PySpark to show a few examples of big-data crunching (perhaps with public data on S3).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Key Concepts in Statistical Inference (SkillsCast recorded in April 2018)
- Python for Programmers (in London on 24th - 26th June 2019)
- Damjan Vujnovic's Angular Workshop (in London on 3rd - 5th July 2019)
- Infiniteconf 2019 - The conference on Big Data and AI (in London on 4th - 5th July 2019)
- London TensorFlow.js (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Keynote by Dick Wall on Why API Design Matters, and Why Yours Sucks! (and mine sucks too!) (in London on 24th June 2019)
- Upgrading to Django 2.2 (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Frontend Series (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Setting up a Spark cluster on AWS
Robert Hardy is a full stack quant, with over 12 years of experience in the front office teams of major financial institutions. He has built professional portfolio management systems entirely from open source components. He experienced an epiphany when he was introduced to TDD, pair programming and Agile methods. Robert talks and blogs on topics related to software and mathematics, and with his diploma in painting and ceramics in hand he claims to even have some level of expertise in the Fine Arts.