Cynefin. System Thinking and Complexity have emerged as an essential concept towards agility in the knowledge work of IT. Complexity is best addressed by Probing and Sensing through experimentation cycles, as brilliantly introduced by Mike and Karl at our first meet-up. Yet experimentation is only possible if you can iterate quickly and cheaply, which is why DevOps is so essential. Dealing with the Simple things efficiently, simplifying and being more effective over the Complicated things so much of the brain bandwidth can be directed towards the Complex things.
The enterprise needs to organise continuous Experimentation cycles to innovate and Industrialisation cycles to do it competitively. Lean IT is not THE solution to the range of Complexity we are dealing with. But it brings contributions to addressing those themes. So, we will aim to explore such connections and how far Lean Thinking is helping. For our second meet-up, we will aim to run a more interactive session as a Lean Coffee to explore the flows of Industrialisation and Experimentation in IT and how to deploy Lean Thinking and Complexity Thinking in organisations. Please submit your questions on this board. We will introduce the subject / gather more questions and address them as a panel. The audience will be welcomed to participate and share your own experiences. Jon will also contribute his experience, joining the panel.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lean Coffee (SkillsCast recorded in September 2018)
- Jenny Martin's BDD From Start to Finish - Successful Delivery through Continuous Collaboration (in London on 4th - 6th November 2019)
- Agile at Scale: Inspired by Spotify (in London on 6th - 7th November 2019)
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- Right to Left - Outcome Driven Agility (in London on 21st October 2019)
- Diversity for Digital – Become the Ambassador of Making a Difference (in London on 21st November 2019)
- Lean and Functional Domain Modelling (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- SenseMaking your way into the HR of the Digital-Agile age (SkillsCast recorded in March 2019)
Exploring the connections between Lean IT and Cynefin
Philippe has been involved with Digital change from the early days of the Internet (nearly 25 years) and has led the initiation and delivery of significant change initiatives for clients such as Legal & General, Vodafone, O2, Ladbrokes, M&S, HSBC, Barclays, etc. Now working as an independent Coach/Consultant, Philippe is using innovative methods to help businesses shape, plan and deploy their digital strategy, organisation change, lean-agile operating model, and most importantly develop their people and leadership. Philippe is a trained systemic coach (ORSC), complexity & systems thinker (Cynefin™ / VSM), Digital delivery manager, and a seasoned Lean and Agile practitioner. Philippe is the founder and organiser of London’s Digital Leadership meet-up
Richard Atherton is coach, leader and educator with over 15 years of experience in orchestrating change in complex organisations. In addition to his deep experience in leading at all levels of the organisation, Richard delivered the first ever Lean Change Management certified facilitator training in the UK. Whilst he began with software teams, amongst others, Richard has worked with sales teams, news desks and administrators to help them become radically more responsive.