About 18 months ago we undertook a company-wide revamp. From our products, APIs, infrastructure to our organisation and culture. Our previous applications were part of a monolith and in order to improve our velocity and scalability, we decided to split them into multiple services.The CNCF projects are at the heart of this transformation and we'll share with you the lessons we learned along the way; where we succeeded and where we failed.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Fast Track to RESTful Microservices (in London on 11th - 13th November 2019)
- Modern development with Java (in London on 9th - 11th December 2019)
- µCon London 2020 - The Conference on Microservices, DDD & Software Architecture (in London on 27th - 29th May 2020)
- CloudNative London 2020 (in London on 23rd - 25th September 2020)
- Keynote by Brian Ketelsen on Going Multicloud with Serverless (in London on 17th October 2019)
- 2 Presentations: Kubernetes Ingress & DevOps and Microservices Better Together (in London on 17th October 2019)
- Your Kernel and You - How cgroups make containers possible (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Digital transformation through GitOps and Infrastructure as Code (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Dailymotion, from a French Monolith to a Worldwide Platform: A Human Story
Smaine is a senior technical lead and devops engineer at Arkena with 10 years experience in Devops, Linux and open source softwares.He built several streaming plateforms (CDN, OTT) and he's currently in charge of the engineering of Arkena's OTT Plateform.Furthermore he's the Ansible Paris meetup organizer and had talks on different topics (Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible).
Chapter Lead Core API