SkillsCast coming soon.
Whilst not a panacea for your development troubles (but certainly a headache for many), Test Driven Development (or any of its incarnations) can prove something of a silver bullet if done correctly and consistently. Cleaner code and shorter QA cycles are two of the best benefits.In this session, Paul will get you started with TDD in Swift, best practices and tools available.
You’ll be looking at prototyping & writing tests in Xcode Playgrounds before migrating to a project, the benefit of writing various types of tests and using 3rd party frameworks.
Please make sure to bring your MacBook with latest version of Xcode.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightning Talk: Your iPhone Is Also A Phone! 🤯 (SkillsCast recorded in March 2019)
- Brian Egan's Flutter and Dart Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- Janet Gregory's Agile Testing for the Whole Team (in London on 28th - 30th October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- Clean Architecture using BLoC & Voyager: DI & the Widget Router (in London on 21st October 2019)
- Testing and UB (in London on 21st November 2019)
- Cleaning the Big Picture: Creating Maintainable Mobile Games in Haskell (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Testing in Production. From DevTestOops to DevTestOps (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Workshop: Test or Go Fishing - an introduction to TDD
Paul is a software engineer, trainer and speaker specialised in data-driven solutions on Apple platforms with an emphasis on prototyping, best practices and balance with agility. He started programming back in the days of Fortran, graduated with a PhD in Computational Physics from UCLan and currently hailing from London, UK.