Unit testing is the foundation of stable and robust code and guards against unforseen consequences of changes, yet the subject is dreaded by most new programmers. It is though unavoidable in the professional environment and learning it early in your programming journey can only be beneficial.
We have an opportunity to listen to a talk by Tomasz Kluczkowski - electrical engineer and a student of Computing and IT at Open University.
If you have doubts on how to approach the issue of unit testing this talk is for you. Tomasz is going to discuss the absolute basics to get a solid understanding of the whole concept as well as see what Test Driven Development is about.
Tomasz will construct a small functioning class and unit test it in classical and TDD approach to compare both methods. You will also learn about Pytest - a great framework for testing.
After the theory / examples there will be a short live coding session where a small problem will be solved from scratch using TDD technique to show how it is done in practice.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Janet Gregory's Agile Testing for the Whole Team (in London on 28th - 30th October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- October Raspberry Pint: Raspberry Pis and other Digital Making Fun (in London on 29th October 2019)
- Django Signals (in London on 4th November 2019)
- Transforming Legal Recruitment with a Market Knowledge Graph (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Hiring a Personal Investigator for Your App (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)