Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Picking a new technology is hard. Very often you avoid change at all cost, and go with the devil you know. Another extreme is to do some haphazard implementation and hope for the best.
In this talk, Gien will share with you the strategies she tried out to understand three web frameworks she didn't know beforehand, Freya, Suave and Giraffe, in order to find out if they were a good fit for her needs. Along the way, Gien will discuss some tricks that everybody could use to understand, beyond these specific libraries, what heuristics worked and which didn't in quickly evaluating libraries and understanding their risks.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Playing nice together: how to use F# in a brownfield project - Audience Level: Beginner (SkillsCast recorded in April 2017)
- F# eXchange 2020 (in London on 2nd - 3rd April 2020)
- ProgNET London 2020 (in London on 16th - 18th September 2020)
- Reprogramming Biology with F# (in London on 28th November 2019)
- TypeScript vs. Frameworks (SkillsCast recorded in July 2019)
- Beyond the WAT: Why Good Component Design Still Matters (SkillsCast recorded in July 2019)
The Curious Case of Freya, Suave and Giraffe: Reducing Risks In Picking a New Tech.
Gien is a software developer with 9 years of experience, mainly in a .NET environment, who likes to start her day with coffee. She is a strong believer of continuously learning by deliberate practice and knowledge sharing, which is why she takes part in the organization of two Belgian communities, namely DDDBE and SoCraTesBE.