For this meet-up, I am very happy that Chris could make it to give us an introduction to Wardley Mapping. We reviewed Cynefin during meet-up #2 and we mentioned about Wardley maps. Both are very complementary. Mapping is great technique for Orientation. Chris works with Simon Wardley and LEF. I am so glad and thankful that he could make it to our meet-up. Chris talk will start around 6:30. Talk details: Turn off your auto pilot !
Uncertainty is the single, most underestimated concept of the Stacey Matrix (the predecessor of both, Cynefin and Wardley Maps). It is directly responsible for bringing unexpected changes, and very often, it cannot be removed before the project is completed. But since we know that there will be unexpected changes, can we anticipate them? Are they still unexpected? In this lecture, we will cover what uncertainty is, how we can cope with it, and which tools will help us in the IT world.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Martine Devos' Certified Scrum Master, Estimation & Planning Class (in London on 24th - 25th June 2019)
- Agile at Scale: Inspired by Spotify (in London on 15th - 16th July 2019)
- Digital Leadership June (in London on 17th June 2019)
- Digital Leadership July (in London on 1st July 2019)
- Lizzy Morris (CST) Presents: Leading from the Inside is True Leadership Agility (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Keynote: Crossing the River by Feeing the Stones (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Orientation using Wardley Mapping
Chris Daniel is a Mapping Consultant for LEF’s Wardley Maps advisory service, which helps clients anticipate market and ecosystem developments so they can see where to go and why, and the author of LEF's online Mapping course, How to Stop Self-Harm and Get Fit, designed to teach the basics of mapping and understanding value chains.