Everything is easy now. We start a VM instead of racking a server, we start a container instead of starting a VM, or we run a function instead of running a container. We can use dozens of SaaS providers so that we can focus on the things that are core to our business. It's great, but the multitude of tools and services makes it hard to build effective delivery pipelines.
Escape is a recently open sourced tool that aims to make it easier to build platforms out of disparate components and services.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- KubeFuse: a Kubernetes File System (SkillsCast recorded in June 2016)
- Fast Track to Chaos Engineering with Russ Miles (in London on 1st - 3rd July 2019)
- Advanced Docker for Enterprise Operations (in London on 23rd - 24th September 2019)
- ProgNET London 2019 (in London on 11th - 13th September 2019)
- Keynote by Kris Nova on The Power of Linux Virtualization with Cloud Native (in London on 19th June 2019)
- The wonders of IBM: Watson, artificial intelligence, Swift coding and databases! (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Securing microservices in a serverless world (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Observability for Microservices: practical advice (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
From Dev to Prod and back again
Bart Spaans is a Lead Consultant at OpenCredo with a broad technical interest, ranging from software engineering to deploying highly scalable distributed systems.