Communicate and influence with confidence, style and ease for your career (and life) success
• Would you like to know how to say NO – often without saying it?
• How do you avoid frustration leaking out when you try to assert yourself?
• How do you stick to what’s important to you without upsetting others?
• Learn the use of a certain subtle word which changes how people respond to you
• If you keep saying “YES” to people, what are you saying NO to anyway?
• Work with being assertive without being aggressive
Business Communication Expert and Coach Kay White knows how frustrating it can be when your priorities fly out the window and you find yourself at the mercy of everyone else’s ToDo list. This has serious implications on your success at work, and your sanity and well-being.
During her talk, Kay will share tips, strategies, mind-sets and exact words and phrases for you to use straight away, all designed to enable you to naturally assert yourself. Being more assertive without being aggressive encourages others to stop assuming you’re always available and open for their wants and needs at the cost of your own.
There will be an opportunity for Q&A afterwards.
In addition, TechWomen will set up a Follow On Q&A dial-in session with Kay a date within 2 weeks of the Event where attendees can talk through their experiences since the session, and get real time feedback and a brief reminder of the content from Kay.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- µCon London 2019 - The Conference on Microservices, DDD & Software Architecture (in London on 29th - 31st May 2019)
- Keynote by Jon Skeet: Lessons learned building .NET client libraries for Google Cloud Platform (in London on 23rd April 2019)
- Advanced Docker for Enterprise Operations (in London on 23rd - 24th September 2019)
Assert Yourself (Without Losing Yourself)
Kay White is author of the number 1 best-selling book 'The A to Z of Being Understood' and founder of the multiple 6-figure mentoring company, Way Forward Solutions Ltd. Kay shows experienced career women how to express themselves most effectively to attract more income and opportunity by understanding how to own, position and express their value and experience.