With progressive move towards Cloud Native, Microservices and distributed applications we see that log management and observability is becoming more and more important for debugging applications. In many of these cases, harvesting massive amounts of log data from a number of systems is not an easy task.
In this talk we will take a look at how we wrote a database capable of ingesting 20 TB of data per day while still live searching unstructured data. We will go through many of the trade-offs that can be thought of as controversial in our current industry.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Architecture at Humio (SkillsCast recorded in April 2018)
- Fast Track to Chaos Engineering with Russ Miles (in London on 1st - 3rd July 2019)
- Advanced Docker for Enterprise Operations (in London on 23rd - 24th September 2019)
- ProgNET London 2019 (in London on 11th - 13th September 2019)
- Keynote Evening with Russ Miles (in London on 1st July 2019)
- Cloud Native July (in London on 3rd July 2019)
- Securing microservices in a serverless world (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Observability for Microservices: practical advice (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)