Undoubtedly, smart devices such as Amazon Echo, Philips Hue, Nest etc. are making their way into our homes, helping us to manage and control many aspects of life more efficiently and conveniently. What does designing the user experience for these new devices look like and what are the challenges?
In this Meetup, we will be exploring the topic by comparing current systems such as voice-controlled vs touch-centric solutions, different types of devices, their current limitations and the design challenges and opportunities that arise from these new interactions. An opportunity for everyone interested in getting an overview of this fast-growing segment within UX design.
By the end of this event you should be able to:
- Distinguish between different smart device systems
- Identify design opportunities and challenges
- Use insights gained to create experiences that are more useful, relevant and enjoyable for the end user Is this event for me?
Another hands-on session with exercises, discussions, and introduction to an exciting new UX design topic.
Let’s get together to collaborate, invent and create products that people will be love. I look forward to another UX Playground event and hope you will be joining us.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Alberto Brandolini's DDD Modelling Workshop (in London on 24th - 26th October 2018)
- droidcon London 2018 (in London on 25th - 26th October 2018)
- Simon Brown's Software Architecture for Developers Workshop (in London on 29th - 30th October 2018)
- Uncle Bob's Clean Architecture (in London on 26th - 28th November 2018)
Shaping the smart revolution
Chakib Labidi is a London based design consultant and founder of UX Playground, a community of over 1900 professionals. His expertise is in working with companies to create products that provide the best possible experience by identifying the needs and desires of their customers and aligning these with business requirements. With more than 17 years experience in the creative industry, Chakib had the opportunity to work with clients from the UK and internationally including Aramco, Adobe, Times, Sony, Sky, Virgin and Barclays, News UK just to name a few.