Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In the BBC’s Content Distribution Services division, they build and maintain systems that expose content metadata to be consumed by a wide range of audience-facing products. Their current architecture for distributing tagging metadata consists mainly of two JVM-based read and write APIs feeding off a Triplestore. This single storage setup for both read and write operations imposes restrictions on performance and scalability.
- Built simple components that are easy and quick to deploy.
- Used Typescript for static type-checking.
- Adopted input validation libraries like joi.
- Used docker-compose to orchestrate dependencies for acceptance testing.
- Took advantage of other tools and libraries like Bluebird, nsp, testdouble, etc.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Tensorflow & Firebase Hacknight (in London on 3rd September 2018)
- Advanced Node.js Performance (in London on 22nd - 23rd November 2018)
- Kubernetes: Master Application Deployment and Scaling with Daniele Polencic (in London on 13th - 14th December 2018)
- ScalaX2gether Community Day 2018 (in London on 15th December 2018)
Augustine works as a developer in the BBC’s Content Distribution Services division. They build and maintain APIs (and supporting infrastructure) that store and serve metadata for content.