Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Istio is a service mesh for Kubernetes that offers advanced networking features. It provides intelligent routing, resiliency, and security features, so that service authors don't have to keep re-implementing them. Istio is rapidly taking off and there are great introductory talks everywhere. However in this session, Matt will explore precisely how it does what it does, following one brave little packet in from the internet and back out again. Matt will share with you a great insight into Istio's full power, and you will also learn about its fascinating architecture.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Fast Track to Chaos Engineering with Russ Miles (in London on 1st - 3rd July 2019)
- Fast Track to DevOps Fundamentals (in London on 2nd - 3rd September 2019)
- Infiniteconf 2019 - A one-day community celebration of Big Data, Machine Learning and AI (in London on 4th July 2019)
- Keynote Evening with Russ Miles (in London on 1st July 2019)
- Applying Chaos Engineering to build Resilient Serverless Applications (in London on 9th July 2019)
- Getting Into the Zero Downtime Deployment World (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Securing microservices in a serverless world (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
The Life Of A Packet In Istio
Matt is a Solution Engineer at Jetstack, a leading UK-based company helping enterprises on the path to cloud-native. He leads Jetstack's Istio projects and spends a lot of time using Kubernetes as well. He previously worked at Cisco, and while he didn't directly work on network kit, a lot soaked in. He has spoken at several conferences and meetups on subjects from filesystem internals to Scrum, and is a co-organiser of the Istio London meetup.