Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Prometheus has become the defacto monitoring system for cloud native applications, with systems like Kubernetes and Etcd natively exposing Prometheus metrics. In this talk Tom will explore all the moving part for a working Prometheus-on-Kubernetes monitoring system, including kube-state-metrics, node-exporter, cAdvisor and Grafana. You will learn about the various methods for getting to a working setup: the manual approach, using CoreOS’s Prometheus Operator, or using Prometheus Ksonnet Mixin. Tom will also share some little tips and tricks for getting the most out of your Prometheus monitoring, including the common pitfalls and what you should be alerting on.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Monitoring micro-services (SkillsCast recorded in December 2015)
- Fast Track to Chaos Engineering with Russ Miles (in London on 1st - 3rd July 2019)
- Software Architecture for Developers Workshop with Robert Smallshire (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- Infiniteconf 2019 - A one-day community celebration of Big Data, Machine Learning and AI (in London on 4th July 2019)
- Keynote Evening with Russ Miles (in London on 1st July 2019)
- Cloud Native July (in London on 3rd July 2019)
- Securing microservices in a serverless world (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Solving 5 typical Issues in API development with Domain Driven Design (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Monitoring Kubernetes With Prometheus
Tom is one of the Prometheus Developers and VP Product at Grafana Labs. Previously he founded Kausal, a new company working on Prometheus & Cortex. and has worked at companies such as Weaveworks, Google, Acunu and XenSource. In his spare time, Tom likes to make craft beer and build 3D printers.