Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Prometheus has become the defacto monitoring system for cloud native applications, with systems like Kubernetes and Etcd natively exposing Prometheus metrics. In this talk Tom will explore all the moving part for a working Prometheus-on-Kubernetes monitoring system, including kube-state-metrics, node-exporter, cAdvisor and Grafana. You will learn about the various methods for getting to a working setup: the manual approach, using CoreOS’s Prometheus Operator, or using Prometheus Ksonnet Mixin. Tom will also share some little tips and tricks for getting the most out of your Prometheus monitoring, including the common pitfalls and what you should be alerting on.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Monitoring micro-services (SkillsCast recorded in December 2015)
- Fast Track to Chaos Engineering with Russ Miles (in London on 6th - 8th November 2019)
- Fast Track to RESTful Microservices (in London on 11th - 13th November 2019)
- µCon London 2020 - The Conference on Microservices, DDD & Software Architecture (in London on 27th - 29th May 2020)
- Practical ML 2020 (in London on 2nd - 3rd July 2020)
- Knowledge Graph Applications in the Legal Profession & Fashion Industry (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- A Guide to the Market Promise of Automagic AI-Enabled Detection and Response (in London on 29th October 2019)
- DevOps and Microservices Better Together (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Contain Your Excitement: The Kubernetes Ingress Controller (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Monitoring Kubernetes With Prometheus
Tom is one of the Prometheus Developers and VP Product at Grafana Labs. Previously he founded Kausal, a new company working on Prometheus & Cortex. and has worked at companies such as Weaveworks, Google, Acunu and XenSource. In his spare time, Tom likes to make craft beer and build 3D printers.