More often approached as an afterthought, this primer will cover some essential ground on how to approach measuring website and web app performance, along with some quick wins, through to some more lower-level technical nuances with HTTP2, compression, and header management, and finally putting all our tools together to comprehensively and continuously keep a watchful eye on your performance metrics.
Topic will include ASP.NET and NodeJS samples, and slides & code will be made available on Github well in advance.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Performance on the Web (SkillsCast recorded in September 2018)
- Damjan Vujnovic's Angular Workshop (in London on 3rd - 5th July 2019)
- ProgNET London 2019 (in London on 11th - 13th September 2019)
- London TensorFlow.js (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Hands-on: Fractal art with Fable and WebGL (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Frontend Series (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Solving 5 typical Issues in API development with Domain Driven Design (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Benjamin Howarth is a freelance ASP.NET architect & senior developer, specialising in open-source content management systems. His experience in high-scale high-performance websites has been a strength over the past 5 years, working for Tesco, FIA Formula E, Universal Music Group, and Manchester Airport Group.