More often approached as an afterthought, this primer will cover some essential ground on how to approach measuring website and web app performance, along with some quick wins, through to some more lower-level technical nuances with HTTP2, compression, and header management, and finally putting all our tools together to comprehensively and continuously keep a watchful eye on your performance metrics.
Topic will include ASP.NET and NodeJS samples, and slides & code will be made available on Github well in advance.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Performance on the Web (SkillsCast recorded in September 2018)
- WebAssembly Deep Dive with Brian Sletten (in London on 21st - 22nd November 2019)
- F# eXchange 2020 (in London on 2nd - 3rd April 2020)
- Solandra Hands-On Tutorial & Emergent Behaviour In Insects (in London on 28th October 2019)
- Keynote by Konrad Kokosa: What’s New in .NET Core 3.0 and .NET 5.0 for Performance and Memory-Aware Folks? (in London on 29th October 2019)
- Pragmatic Memory Management (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Benjamin Howarth is a freelance ASP.NET architect & senior developer, specialising in open-source content management systems. His experience in high-scale high-performance websites has been a strength over the past 5 years, working for Tesco, FIA Formula E, Universal Music Group, and Manchester Airport Group.