Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Does your phone get bombarded with various notifications throughout day and night? Scared of missing out on important events or updates from your crucial apps? Android notifications have come a long way from being just a simple text to expanded layouts, customization, notification badges and a high level of user control. Most importantly, Notifications are now grouped into channels which allows you to control and customize the kind of notifications you want to receive as a user.
In this talk, you'll learn about:
Evolution of different kinds of notifications: Basic notification, Expandables, Heads up Notification, notifications with actions, badges
Notification channel: What, how and management
Notification Importance and their outcome
Quick Demo of how to create notifications from your app
What improvements are further expected with Android P and beyond!
At the end, you will walk away with a deep insight into the world of these everyday knock knocks in your phone's status bar, that notify you of different happenings.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- iOSCon 2020 - The conference for iOS and Swift Developers (in London on 19th - 20th March 2020)
- Clean Architecture using BLoC & Voyager: DI & the Widget Router (in London on 21st October 2019)
- The Sonic Contender (in London on 28th October 2019)
- Cleaning the Big Picture: Creating Maintainable Mobile Games in Haskell (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Build run and manage composite apps on Kubernetes with Cellery (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Knock Knock, You have a Notification!
Divya is a Google Certified Android Developer, she has been learning and developing Android Apps independently for the last 2 years. She is always up for a challenge and wants to create awesome mobile apps with the purpose to make life fun and easy and solve problems.