This session was not filmed.
Few years back, using Web technologies for building mobile apps revolved around using hybrid frameworks that basically used a web host view to run a web app inside. Consequently, the performance of such apps rarely met the desired expectations, leaving the development of immersive and exciting mobile apps to native mobile technologies. Luckily, building modern native mobile apps using Web technologies is no longer a dream. In this workshop, you will learn how to build a trivia game using NativeScript - an open source framework for building native iOS and Android apps.
Follow this instructions to install NativeScript and Android dependencies.
If you have an Android Device you can use it during development (remember to bring a cable!) - this is the simplest option.
Once your Android device is connected / AVD running run "tns device" to verify Nativescript has access to the device.
If you are using an Android device you need to enable developer mode + enable usb debugging - you can follow these instructions.
Finally you can verify everything is running by running "tns create test" which creates an empty Nativescript app. then "cd test" and "tns run android" will load the simple app into your phone / emulator
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Indie games in JS with Phaser (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Damjan Vujnovic's Angular Workshop (in London on 3rd - 5th July 2019)
- Keynote by Bruce Lawson on How To Make Loveliness: an HTML Treasure Hunt (in London on 24th June 2019)
- Keynote by Eduardo San Martin Morote on Modern Front End Routing (in London on 25th June 2019)
- Frontend Series (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Workshop: Build Your Own Trivia Game In NativeScript and a REST API