Serverless or Functions as a Service is growing in popularity and can be liberating. But the configuration of AWS Lambda and friends can be fiddly. The experience of developing, deploying, iterating and versioning your Lambda functions can be painful.
This talk will show how Netlify Functions can provide productive workflows for building with AWS Lambda. We'll go from zero to API, including infinite immutable staging and production environments, in just a few minutes. All based on familiar development workflows and practices.
Key takeaways: - An introduction to working with Netlify Functions - How to write an deploy AWS Lambdas with git-based workflow - How to create immutable versions of AWS Lambdas with one-click roll backs and version deploys - Combining Netlify features with events and triggers
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Fast Track to Chaos Engineering with Russ Miles (in London on 1st - 3rd July 2019)
- Fast Track to DevOps Fundamentals (in London on 2nd - 3rd September 2019)
- Infiniteconf 2019 - A one-day community celebration of Big Data, Machine Learning and AI (in London on 4th July 2019)
- Keynote by Markus Eisele on Java in the Age of Containers and Serverless (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Keynote Evening with Russ Miles (in London on 1st July 2019)
- Getting Into the Zero Downtime Deployment World (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Securing microservices in a serverless world (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Sustainable serverless workflows with Netlify Functions
Phil is Head of Developer Relations at Netlify, the fastest growing automation and hosting platform for modern websites. With a passion for browser technologies, and the empowering properties of the Web, he loves seeking out ingenuity and simplicity, especially in places where over-engineering is common. Phil’s career in web development spans almost 20 years and includes time as a Software Engineer at Verisign, an Open Source Evangelist at British Telecom, and Technology Director at R/GA where he worked with clients around the world such as Nike, Google, Hyundai and Samsung to bring engaging and effective experiences to the widest audience possible.