Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Clean architecture is increasingly popular in Android development, and you’ve probably seen elegant examples of it in inspiring talks and blog posts by experts in the field. But what about the app your team works on? The one that was started in a hurry, with the intention of doing it right later on - but has instead had features continuously piled on top. Where you secretly hope the codebase will be consumed by a giant space goat so that you can start again...
Andrew and Catalina will talk about Clean Architecture, why it might make your life easier, and its relevance to the direction that Android’s heading in. They will discuss how it can fit with your current codebase and existing endpoints. And they will share with you some practical tips on how to bring your team with you on the journey. But no giant space goats. Sorry.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Keynote by Rebecca Franks on Tips for Building Custom Views on Android with Canvas APIs📏🎨 (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Keynote by Markus Eisele on Java in the Age of Containers and Serverless (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Hybrid Apps from a Ember/Vue/React PWA (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Bringing Back Dial-up: The Internet Over SMS (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Cryptic to Clean: Architecture for Projects that Never Quite got around to it
Catalina Chioveanu, Android Engineer, American Express. She recently joined Amex she works on the main consumer app. Previously she worked at the BBC where her biggest achievement was expanding the BBC News app into 5 new languages.
Andrew prefers Kotlin, appreciates Java, enjoys reactive programming, and - although from a server background - has come to find UI development fun too.