Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Take a spin with the new Android Jetpack Navigation Components library announced at Google I/O. The Navigation Components let you keep all of your navigation information in one place and include support for Material components such as bottom navigation, the app drawer, and the overflow menu.
Lyla and Dan will explore the basics and then dive into a series of more complex use cases. Learn about advanced topics such deep linking, leveraging Navigation to simplify modularization for instant apps and Dynamic App Delivery, using sub-graphs, manipulating the back-stack, sharing a ViewModel between navigation destinations and more. See what Navigation components can do for you!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Workshop: Room With A View (SkillsCast recorded in October 2018)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Front Endgineers London (in London on 1st July 2019)
- Keynote by Emily Jiang on On Stage Hacking: Build 12-Factor Microservices in an Hour (in London on 23rd July 2019)
- The real reasons why you should care about Provider (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Hybrid Apps from a Ember/Vue/React PWA (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Adventures in Navigation
Dan Galpin has been working on Android at Google since 2010, leading the development of their Udacity courses and working to make the Android ecosystem better for game developers. He currently leads the Scalable Advocacy Team.
Lyla Fujiwara is an Android Developer Advocate at Google. Prior to joining Google, she worked at Udacity on the Android team, where she taught introductory to advanced Android and Firebase content to over a hundred thousand developers. She's a returned Peace Corps volunteer and has taught and lived on three continents.