At this month's Audio Developer Meetup, Dr. Lorenzo Picinali will talk about binaural spatialisation, a technique which allows to create 3-dimensional audio using a simple pair of headphones.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- iOSCon 2020 - The conference for iOS and Swift Developers (in London on 19th - 20th March 2020)
- Clean Architecture using BLoC & Voyager: DI & the Widget Router (in London on 21st October 2019)
- Designing embodied human-computer interactions with audio processing parameters (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Cleaning the Big Picture: Creating Maintainable Mobile Games in Haskell (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Dawn of a New Error (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Binaural audio in VR
Dr. Lorenzo Picinali is a Senior Lecturer in Audio Experience Design, and the Director of Undergraduate Studies in the Dyson School of Design Engineering. In the past years, Dr. Picinali has worked in Italy (Università degli Studi di Milano), France (LIMSI-CNRS and IRCAM) and UK (De Montfort University and Imperial College London) on projects related with 3D binaural sound rendering, interactive applications for visually and hearing impaired individuals, audiology and hearing aids technology, audio and haptic interaction and, more in general, acoustical virtual and augmented reality.