Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Udi Dahan spoke at the DDD Exchange about common misunderstandings and problems that teams have with implementing Domain Driven Design. According to Udi, the domain model pattern seems to be abused more often than not. Check out this SkillsCast recording to find out why...
In this talk, Udi shares some of the biggest mistakes he has seen teams make when applying DDD. Udi covers the following areas:
- Tiers aren’t layers
- Logical and physical connections are different
- All rules aren’t created equal
- Race conditions hide business rules
In this talk, Udi references Martin Fowler's book Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture
And if Udi's talk inspired you to learn more about DDD, CQRS and event-sourcing, you may like to check out the following resources too:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote: Own the Future (SkillsCast recorded in September 2018)
- Jenny Martin's BDD From Start to Finish - Successful Delivery through Continuous Collaboration (in London on 24th - 26th June 2019)
- Strategic DDD & Sociotechnical Architecture with Kacper Gunia and Nick Tune (in London on 30th September - 1st October 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- µCon London 2020 - The Conference on Microservices, DDD & Software Architecture (in London on 27th - 29th May 2020)
- Keynote by Dick Wall on Why API Design Matters, and Why Yours Sucks! (and mine sucks too!) (in London on 24th June 2019)
- Scala Matters Keynote (in London on 20th August 2019)
- Solving 5 typical Issues in API development with Domain Driven Design (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- What Do You Mean I Can’t Google It? - Search for Microservices (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Architectural Innovation: CQRS and the biggest mistakes teams make when applying DDD
Udi Dahan is one of the world’s foremost experts on Service-Oriented Architecture and Domain-Driven Design and also the creator of NServiceBus, the most popular service bus for .NET.