Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Udi Dahan spoke at the DDD Exchange about common misunderstandings and problems that teams have with implementing Domain Driven Design. According to Udi, the domain model pattern seems to be abused more often than not. Check out this SkillsCast recording to find out why...
In this talk, Udi shares some of the biggest mistakes he has seen teams make when applying DDD. Udi covers the following areas:
- Tiers aren’t layers
- Logical and physical connections are different
- All rules aren’t created equal
- Race conditions hide business rules
In this talk, Udi references Martin Fowler's book Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture
And if Udi's talk inspired you to learn more about DDD, CQRS and event-sourcing, you may like to check out the following resources too:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote: Own the Future (SkillsCast recorded in September 2018)
- Alberto Brandolini's EventStorming Workshop (in London on 13th - 14th November 2019)
- Strategic DDD & Sociotechnical Architecture with Kacper Gunia and Nick Tune (in New York City on 18th - 19th November 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- µCon London 2020 - The Conference on Microservices, DDD & Software Architecture (in London on 27th - 29th May 2020)
- Storystorming with Martin Schimak (in London on 30th October 2019)
- Keynote by Ruben Bridgewater on Performance Optimisations and the Possible Savings Doing So (in London on 30th October 2019)
- Domain Driven Design in Practice with Helin Ece Akgul (SkillsCast recorded in August 2019)
- Solving 5 typical Issues in API development with Domain Driven Design (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Architectural Innovation: CQRS and the biggest mistakes teams make when applying DDD
Udi Dahan is one of the world’s foremost experts on Service-Oriented Architecture and Domain-Driven Design and also the creator of NServiceBus, the most popular service bus for .NET.