Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In the Domain Driven Design world everyone points to the ubiquitous language as paramount to the success of the project. However, often the developers fall under the pitfall of the technical jargon; the business assumes the developers have all the necessary business knowledge, given incomplete requirements; combining all these communication problems leads to frustration, missed opportunities and ultimately to project failure.
Given the miscommunications and misunderstandings between the development and the business, several questions arise: how can you learn to communicate and closely cooperate with the business, or even better be part of the same team? Also, how can you help the business to deliver a clear vision?
In this session, João will show you how to engage the development team and the business using DDD tools and techniques, using Behaviour Driven Development as the central piece to bring everyone closer. If you have a similar experience, or you want to emerge into DDD & BDD, the session is for you!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Martine Devos' Certified Scrum Master, Estimation & Planning Class (in London on 24th - 25th June 2019)
- Giving Engaging Technical Talks at Conferences and Meetups (in London on 15th - 16th July 2019)
- Infiniteconf 2019 - A one-day community celebration of Big Data, Machine Learning and AI (in London on 4th July 2019)
- Digital Leadership July (in London on 1st July 2019)
- Keynote Evening with Russ Miles (in London on 1st July 2019)
- Securing microservices in a serverless world (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Solving 5 typical Issues in API development with Domain Driven Design (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Changing Mindsets: Developers can Understand the Business too!
João Rosa is a Software Developer working as Consultant at Xebia, focused on delivering quality software that matters. Believes in the software crafts to provide software in sustainable peace; he is a DDD, BDD and TDD practitioner. He can't live without his CI/CD pipeline.