Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Data Binding isn't just for… binding data. It can influence your architecture, remove code from activities, increase your productivity and make your layouts more declarative. In this session, Jose and Yigit will explore the best practices enabled by data binding and highlight patterns to avoid.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Workshop: Data Binding (SkillsCast recorded in October 2018)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Keynote by Rebecca Franks on Tips for Building Custom Views on Android with Canvas APIs📏🎨 (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Keynote by Markus Eisele on Java in the Age of Containers and Serverless (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Hybrid Apps from a Ember/Vue/React PWA (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Bringing Back Dial-up: The Internet Over SMS (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Modern Data Binding
Yigit leads the Architecture Components for Android, focusing on the developer experience and dreams of making app development easy. Previously, he was working on Data Binding and RecyclerView in the Android Toolkit Team. Prior to Google, he was the Android engineering manager at Path.com. He received his B.S. in Computer Engineering from Middle East Technical University / Turkey.
Jose is a Developer Programs Engineer at Google where he works to make the Android developer experience better, focusing on architecture and testing. He works on open-source projects such as Architecture Blueprints and the Jetpack architecture samples. He also writes documentation, codelabs, articles and does outreach.