Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
NearbyPong is a game that Fernando Prieto and Ferran Ribell created at Karmarama several months ago. They wanted to develop a game that used the new Android Nearby API and Kotlin. In this game, you are basically able to connect with another user in the same area by using bluetooth and wifi to establish a connection, but it might not be necessary connected to any common network. This allows you to play anywhere; in the tube, in the middle of the ocean, etc. But you must respect the bluetooth radio range, to be inside that area as long as the game is being played. Through an authentication process, both you and other users exchange an ID with one another, and once a two way handshake is completed and both clients are connected, the game can begin. If there is a connection error during the game, both users are able to reconnect again. It's more than just create a unique and fun game, you will discover that it also has a cool aesthetic applied to it, based on the Tron Legacy film theme.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- iOSCon 2020 - The conference for iOS and Swift Developers (in London on 19th - 20th March 2020)
- Clean Architecture using BLoC & Voyager: DI & the Widget Router (in London on 21st October 2019)
- The Sonic Contender (in London on 28th October 2019)
- Cleaning the Big Picture: Creating Maintainable Mobile Games in Haskell (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Design to code. Meet Supernova. (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Lightning Talk: Play Multiplayer With No Connection
Fernando is an Android developer and gymnast from Madrid, working in London for almost two years. Ready for any new challenge, no matter the difficulty, the attitude always wins any talent!