Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk, you will discover update on an ambitious text-based game Peter has been making. Inspired by the work of the late René Girard, the renowned philosopher of social science, Peter is aiming to create a simulation-driven world in which the themes of contagious violence and the practice of scapegoating are drawn out.
The game is being implemented in ClojureScript for maximum reach, but the talk will mostly focus on the aims of the game and the extent to which ClojureScript is aiding or frustrating those goals.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Clojure eXchange 2019 (in London on 2nd - 3rd December 2019)
- The Territorial Prisoner’s Dilemma (SkillsCast recorded in December 2016)
- Don’t keep it to yourself - openness and honesty in the workplace (in London on 30th October 2019)
- Lightning Talk: Generating Castles for Minecraft™ using Haskell (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Copyright in Games (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Lightning Talk: Building A Simulation-Based Text Adventure
Peter Westmacott has a degree in Theology, a love of programming acquired during childhood and nearly a decade of professional programming experience in pensions, social games and cloud services.