Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
There are many options on Android for deferrable background work. During this workshop you will learn about WorkManager, a compatible, flexible and simple library for deferrable background work. WorkManager is currently in alpha - when stable, it will be the recommended task scheduler on Android.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Android Industrial Mobility (SkillsCast recorded in October 2014)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Keynote by Markus Eisele on Java in the Age of Containers and Serverless (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Front Endgineers London (in London on 1st July 2019)
- The real reasons why you should care about Provider (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Hybrid Apps from a Ember/Vue/React PWA (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Workshop: Background Work With WorkManager
Pietro has 15+ years of development experience from 8-bit MCU to HTML5 web apps, architecting solutions for mobile devices before it was trendy. In the Android Developer Relations team his focus is to provide an awesome developer experience around Play technologies like Android Vitals and Android App Bundles.