Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
There are many options on Android for deferrable background work. During this workshop you will learn about WorkManager, a compatible, flexible and simple library for deferrable background work. WorkManager is currently in alpha - when stable, it will be the recommended task scheduler on Android.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Android Industrial Mobility (SkillsCast recorded in October 2014)
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- iOSCon 2020 - The conference for iOS and Swift Developers (in London on 19th - 20th March 2020)
- Clean Architecture using BLoC & Voyager: DI & the Widget Router (in London on 21st October 2019)
- The Sonic Contender (in London on 28th October 2019)
- Cleaning the Big Picture: Creating Maintainable Mobile Games in Haskell (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Design to code. Meet Supernova. (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Workshop: Background Work With WorkManager
Pietro has 15+ years of development experience from 8-bit MCU to HTML5 web apps, architecting solutions for mobile devices before it was trendy. In the Android Developer Relations team his focus is to provide an awesome developer experience around Play technologies like Android Vitals and Android App Bundles.