Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
How to continuously deliver more and more value? You’ve read Clean Code, you are writing SOLID code, you are a true craftsman. You are proud of not letting any technical debt behind you. You are applying DDD and BDD, and discussing with your users to clarify what needs to be built.
Everything is going fine until the day when, during an informal conversation, you understand something deeper about your domain … This is called a ‘refactoring breakthrough’. Suddenly, everything changes, you start dreaming up a new design that would both simplify your life and make you more effective.
Something else has changed: your technical debt. It just doubled overnight! Whereas yesterday you felt productive, today, you feel slow in the light of what this new design would enable. Interestingly, it’s BDD and the discussions with users that put you in this situation. That’s strange, isn’t it?
That a best practice would create technical debt looks like a nonsense! Should we rethink the whole notion of ‘technical debt’? How does BDD unlock these ‘refactoring breakthrough’? How can we benefit from this opportunity? What’s at stake here?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Jenny Martin's BDD From Start to Finish - Successful Delivery through Continuous Collaboration (in London on 24th - 26th June 2019)
- Martine Devos' Certified Scrum Master, Estimation & Planning Class (in London on 24th - 25th June 2019)
- Infiniteconf 2019 - The conference on Big Data and AI (in London on 4th - 5th July 2019)
- Digital Leadership June (in London on 17th June 2019)
- Keynote by Kris Nova on The Power of Linux Virtualization with Cloud Native (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Securing microservices in a serverless world (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Solving 5 typical Issues in API development with Domain Driven Design (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)