Can complexity inform the way we do project management? How do we manage risk at heightened levels of complexity? Can we use weak signal detection techniques to give early warning of possible failure or overrun? At this meet up, Dave will be taking work from counter terrorism (his DARPA and other work) and applying them to project management using a multi-methods approach. This event will be one of the first expositions of the approach and a chance to get in on the ground floor of new ways of thinking.
Dave is an internationally renowned authority on complexity and knowledge management. He has kindly agreed to spend an evening with the London Project Data Analytics Meetup sharing insights into how AI and data science may be able to shape the world of project delivery, particularly projects which have a high degree of complexity. It will be a two part session, beginning with an hour long talk on Dave’s perspectives on the challenge, followed by Q&A discussions with selected members of the audience, then opened up to the floor.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- From Agile, to Agility? (SkillsCast recorded in November 2018)
- Brian Sletten's Data Science with Python Workshop (in London on 18th - 20th November 2019)
- Fast Track to Machine Learning with Louis Dorard (in London on 2nd - 4th December 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Practical ML 2020 (in London on 2nd - 3rd July 2020)
- Knowledge Graph Applications in the Legal Profession & Fashion Industry (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Solandra Hands-On Tutorial & Emergent Behaviour In Insects (in London on 28th October 2019)
- How AI can be used to enable assisted living for the ageing population (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- The importance of DataOps (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
How do we use technology to augment human judgement in projects?
Dave Snowden divides his time between two roles: founder Chief Scientific Officer of Cognitive Edge and the founder and Director of the Centre for Applied Complexity at Bangor University in Wales.