Jillian Kowalchuk will describe her journey through her challenges and unique opportunities as a woman in tech in building her start up, Safe & The City. Safe & The City is a free navigation app which crowdsources routes people feel safer walking and detects trends of sexual harassment to create tangible street-level changes to improve gender equality and city infrastructure.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Power Up Diversity! (SkillsCast recorded in May 2018)
- Martine Devos' Certified Scrum Product Owner (in London on 29th - 30th October 2019)
- Jenny Martin's BDD From Start to Finish - Successful Delivery through Continuous Collaboration (in London on 4th - 6th November 2019)
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- BeyondTech 2020 (in London on 23rd - 24th April 2020)
- Reinforcement Learning Journal Club (in London on 17th October 2019)
- The Five Stages of Data: a holistic approach to data analytics and BI (in London on 21st October 2019)
- Design Your Authentic Personal Style for the Workplace (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Advances in Quantum Machine Learning (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Technologies to Drive Gender Equality
Jillian Kowalchuk is the recipient of the Commonwealth Businesswoman Award for Most Inspiring Role Model despite only operating her company, Safe & The City for about 1-year. Jillian is an avid travel having exposure to 50 different countries and grew her experience and passion to help improve the lives of others, specifically with women. She holds an MSc in Public Health and a BA in Psychology and has worked as a global public health consultant in HIV/AIDS behaviour change campaigns and impact evaluation. Jillian’s genuine, passionate approach, unstoppable work ethic and ability to inspires has led to her accelerated success. She is a member of the Association for Women’s Rights in Development (AWID) and founding member of FemTechTalks, which regularly meets in London to discuss ways in which women can surmount the challenges they face in entrepreneurship and the technology sector.