Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Lloyds Banking Group has 3 high street mobile banking apps (Bank of Scotland, Halifax and Lloyds) with 10M+ customers over UK. By the end of 2016, the mobile banking app codebase become so expensive to maintain, so hard to add new features, so difficult to work with that a team of adventurous engineers recommended a full and total rewrite. The management supported the idea and allocated funds for the initiative and the Mobile 3.0 project was born. During this lightning talk Miklos will share with you the key lessons learned during the project, gives insight to the struggles and achievements of such an ambitious project which delivered the next generation apps of the Group. You will also learn about the engineering transformation of mobile app development happened in Lloyds.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Fast Track to iOS Architecture (in London on 11th - 13th December 2019)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 27th - 28th January 2020)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- iOSCon 2020 - The conference for iOS and Swift Developers (in London on 19th - 20th March 2020)
- The Sonic Contender (in London on 28th October 2019)
- Keynote by Heather VanCura on The Future of Java and You (in London on 7th November 2019)
- Implementing Clean Architecture in Flutter using BLoC (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Voyager - DI and The Widget Router (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Lightning Talk: Behind the Scenes Tour to the Full Rewrite of 3 High Street Mobile Banking Apps
Miklos Sagi is Engineering Lead in the Digital Platform Evolution Theme at Lloyds Banking Group where he is leading the Android and Quality Engineering. During his 18 years of career, has worked on projects together with Nokia, T-Systems, Google and MasterCard. He was offered (but gracefully declined due to family reasons) Uber’s job offer of Head of Android Development for Europe. He is participant of the Emerging Leader Programme of Lloyds Banking Group.