Are you missing the promised benefits of Agile? Douglas and Jeffrey believe that the biggest key to improved performance has been holding effective conversations on difficult topics like Trust, Fear, Why, Commitment and Accountability. Failure to have these conversations can lead to a wide range of symptoms, such as: resentment of external deadlines, failure in balancing quality vs speed, confusion over product direction, and conflict over estimates. Unfortunately most people have never learned the skills to have these difficult conversations effectively. In their talk they'll explore how and why human brains default to ineffective strategies, the value of skill development for conversations, and teach you two of their favourite techniques to get started on the road to dramatic improvements: Coherence Busting and Test-Driven Development for People.
Jeffrey and Squirrel together host the weekly Troubleshooting Agile podcast, recently named the year's #1 agile podcast! Check it out at http://troubleshootingagile.com
Come on down to CodeNode to learn from the best, share your ideas and join our vibrant community! Be sure to sign-in early to grab a drink and meet other attendees in a casual, relaxed setting.
18:30-19:00 Sign-in and get settled
19:00-19:45 Douglas and Jeffrey's presentation
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- CTO Craft Bytes - Fintech CTO Panel (SkillsCast recorded in September 2017)
- Effective Enterprise Agile Transformation with Portia Tung (in London on 17th - 19th June 2019)
- Martine Devos' Certified Scrum Master, Estimation & Planning Class (in London on 24th - 25th June 2019)
- Infiniteconf 2019 - The conference on Big Data and AI (in London on 4th - 5th July 2019)
- SC London 2019 (Software Craftsmanship London) (in London on 3rd - 4th October 2019)
- Digital Leadership June (in London on 17th June 2019)
- Keynote by Iyas AlQasem on Using Agile Techniques to lead your startup and Scale-up your Company (in London on 18th June 2019)
- Lessons from the Enterprise: Managed Self-Service BI at Global Scale (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Lizzy Morris (CST) Presents: Leading from the Inside is True Leadership Agility (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Sprinting In Place: The Cost of Missing Leadership Conversations
Jeffrey Fredrick is internationally recognised for his expertise in software development and has 25 years’ experience as a manager and leader. An early adopter and advocate of agile techniques, he has been a regular speaker, coach, and independent consultant on topics including agile software development, corporate strategy, product management and interaction design. His roles have included VP of Product at software-testing startup Agitar, founder at SaaS startup OpenAvenue, and CTO & Head of Product at recently-acquired fintech startup TIM Group. He co-organises the CITCON international series of software conferences with hundreds of attendees on five continents.
Douglas Squirrel has been coding for 40 years and has led software teams for 18 of them. A London-based executive coach and consulting CTO, Douglas makes use of his extensive experience growing teams to advise startup founders and senior managers at companies such as Nested, Lostmy.name, DueDil, Trussle, and MarketInvoice. His previous roles include founding CTO at TIM Group and vice president of engineering at ecommerce startup Secretsales.